Sunday, June 29, 2008













SVR AND PAVI- TWO OF THE BEST FRIENDS I COULD EVER HAVE

At the age of six, we met in grade one, clueless perhaps that we would probably remain best friends over the next twelve years and more to come. I remember the first day I saw her. I thought she was a tomboy in the making until I saw her cry like the typical girl that she was :) . Before I knew it, we had soon become thick friends, thicker than one could ever envisage. Sruthi’s practically family- it would be unfair to put it any other way. And indeed, she is known by more than half my family. I tell mom that Sruthi’s coming home and pat comes the reply ‘’I’ll cook fried rice for lunch, she loves it.’’ That’s how closely related she is to me and my family.


Over the years, we have shared lots of things in common- our love for sanskrit, having fun at girija ma’am’s house during bhagawadh gita classes, us knowing each other more than anybody else could possibly know of us, crazy about books, hanging out together with our other very close friend pavithra, raiding oxford, going to the beach, pigging out at cakes ’n’ bakes(her favorite place) and the chaat corner at Spencer’s Daily(my favorite place) … the list is endless.


In all these years, we never once thought of the grim prospect of studying in different places after our 12th- it was something that just did not cross our minds. Until, one sordid day, pavi and I came to know that Sruthi would be leaving for sastra in tanjore for further studies. Today was that fated day .Pavi and I went to the station to see her off … it is unimaginable to think that this lass wil be gone for 4 years. Hard to think of it too. Here’s a small poem which popped up when I thought of her :).


Paramount friends we always are ,
Best friends we'll always be,
For eternity and evermore,
You and Moi!

Longer than the shortest sms,
Deeper than the deepest ocean,
All the fun we’ve ever had,
You and moi.

Till life goes on,
We go on too, till the very end.
Friends may come and friends may go
But we’ll remain close forever.


It does feel bad to think that one of my close friends will be gone for a long time. But then again, life goes on. Pavi and I miss you, SVR. Better get back here soon :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Di ...awesome writeup and avery good ending poem ... hat has come out from your heart keep it up Bye Chits

THE FASCINATING WORLD OF LITERATURE AND WRITING said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pavithra Sarathy said...

luv ya loads !! :)